Job opportunity: Project Manager
The Vaccine Formulation Institute (VFI) wishes to recruit a Project Manager to join the VFI Project Management Team in Berlin, Germany. Applications can be submitted until 31 January 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vaccine Formulation Institute is a not-for-profit organization created in 2012 at the request of the World Health Organization. VFI’s mission is to facilitate access to adjuvant technologies for the benefit of the global vaccine community, through provision of adjuvants, R&D on vaccine formulation, and training. VFI’s offices and laboratories are located in the Geneva and Lausanne areas (Switzerland) and VFI’s managerial staff is located throughout Europe. VFI is a partner in several global vaccine development consortia and programmes, contributing to global health worldwide with a specific focus on resource-constrained countries.
The Vaccine Formulation Institute (VFI) wishes to recruit a Project Manager to join the VFI
Project Management Team.
• Organizing internal project meetings (drafting meeting agendas and minutes, chairing
project meetings, ensuring follow-up of project meeting action points)
• Monitoring the progress of project activities through the ongoing maintenance of
• Leading activity and resource planning through the preparation and ongoing updating of
project Gantt charts
• Preparing, analyzing and updating project Risk Registers. Ensuring that these are
monitored, reviewed and discussed at regular ongoing intervals with the relevant
• Supporting VFI’s Project Leaders as required (e.g. preparation of project technical
• Providing a constant crosslinking of the various individuals within the project as well as within the VFI so as to ensure synergy and to prevent duplication of activities
• Representing the project on the local and international stage
• Managing communication with external stakeholders and organizations and ensuring seamless internal communication
Qualifications and Requirements
• Master’s Degree, PhD, MD, DVM, PharmD, or equivalent, preferably in life sciences
• Experience working within projects and/or teams
• Experience managing the preclinical evaluation and/or CMC of vaccines or pharmaceuticals desirable but not essential
• Excellent standard of both written and spoken English
• Excellent organization, autonomy and self-motivation
• Excellent communication skills and willingness to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• Travel to represent projects at meetings and conferences will be required
• Preferred places of work will be Berlin (Germany) or Geneva (Switzerland). Work from a remote location may also be possible
• Full-time, part-time and consultancy employment will be considered
Deadline for applications is 31 January 2020. Please send your CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the position to email@example.com using the subject line “J3_2020”.