2019 International Society for Vaccines (ISV) Annual Congress
We are excited to announce the Scientific Committee for the 2019 ISV Annual Congress (www.ISVCongress.org).
Led by co-Chairs Ted Ross (US) and Linda Klavinskis (UK) along with local co-Chair Xavier Saelens (University of Ghent, Belgium), the following leading vaccinologists will form this year’s Scientific Committee:
- Rafi Ahmed, Emory University, USA
- Susan Barnett, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USA
- Antonella Folgori, ReiThera, Italy
- Jonathan Gershoni, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Carlos Guzman , Helmholtz Vaccine Centre, Germany
- Jonathan Heeney, University of Cambridge, UK
- Kathrin Jansen, Pfizer, USA
- Beate Kampmann, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK and MRC Unit, the Gambia
- Gagandeep Kang, Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, India
- Celina Maria Turchi Martelli, Centro de Pesquisa Aggeu Magalhães - Fiocruz Recife, Brazil
- Vish Nene, International Livestock Research Institute, Nairobi, Kenya
- Paul Offit, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
- Punnee Pitisuttithum, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Hanneke Schuitemaker, Janssen Vaccines and Prevention B.V., Netherlands
- Robert Seder, NIH, USA
- Robin Shattock, Imperial College London, UK
- Jeffrey Ulmer, GSK, USA
- Pierre Van Damme, Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium
- Xuefeng Yu, Tianjin CanSino Biotechnology Inc., China
Several leaders in high profile vaccine topics have accepted our invitation to speak at this year's Congress. Their names will be announced in the next few weeks.
As in the previous years, a sizable number of speakers will be selected from the submitted abstracts. Special efforts are made to help trainees advance their careers with a career development panel discussion, feedback of poster presentations by senior scientists, and ISV's mentoring program. Abstract submission and registration will begin soon at www.ISVCongress.org.
2019 ISV Congress will be held on October 27-29, 2019 in the beautiful medieval city of Ghent, in Flanders-Belgium, at the International Convention Centre (ICC). Ghent is centrally located in Europe, at the crossroads of transport networks between Amsterdam, Paris, London and the Ruhr area of Germany. The city is also easily accessible by air via Brussels airport and a direct train connection.
More details including registration and hotel information will be online soon. Please note that ISV members receive a $100 discount from the registration fees.
We look forward to seeing you and hearing your latest research in Ghent! Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at info@ISVCongress.org.
2019 Congress Secretariat