To achieve the main objective described in this MoU, the following specific objectives shall be accomplished:
- Collect information about existing adjuvants (availability, manufacturer, IP rights, available quality/grade, mode of action, type of immune response modulated, publications, clinical trials, formulation techniques, characterisation assays).
- Harmonize protocols for preclinical testing and down selection.
- Collect guidelines/regulations on the use of adjuvants for different groups of vaccines (prophylactic, therapeutic, veterinary vaccines).
- Develop strategies to improve existing adjuvant-based formulations (as well as excipients, preservatives etc.).
- Promote progress in existing research projects on vaccine adjuvants.
- Establish an online database describing adjuvants, which will be publicly accessible. This will allow researchers and the general public to access a wide-ranging body of knowledge on the topic.
- Develop scale-up procedures for adjuvant production.
- Develop assays for the characterization of antigen-adjuvant formulations.
- Set up a platform, which gathers know-how on adjuvants and vaccine formulation, and makes it available to the European vaccine R&D community at large.
- Facilitate access to adjuvants and protocols for preclinical testing.
- Help Early Career Investigators to access and develop new networks, maintain and strengthen existing 3 links, meet experts and stakeholders, create new opportunities for potential collaborations, and communicate with the European public. Bridge different vaccine fields (prophylactic, therapeutic, and veterinary vaccines).
- Strengthen and expand links among vaccine researchers and vaccine developers.
Published Oct. 20, 2017 2:42 PM - Last modified Apr. 13, 2018 3:46 PM